Email marketing is an effective tool that all B2B companies use for various purposes. Email marketing is ideal for B2B startups to reach a large audience and distribute vital information directly to their inboxes. Competition for customers’ attention is fierce, so staying abreast of current trends and best practices is essential to meet their evolving needs.
Here are a few email marketing best practices that startups should focus on:
1. Keep It Simple
People prefer concise, simple-to-understand emails. Here are a few suggestions for streamlining emails while maximizing their impact:
- Use a single call-to-action (CTA)
- Use bullet points or small sections to break down content
- Stay on brand
- Use unique emails to highlight distinct parts of the company
2. The Growth of Artificial Intelligence
There are several opportunities for B2B startups that wish to implement AI, such as:
- Managing large data sets to comprehend audience preferences
- List segmentation, dividing the B2B audience into smaller groups based on specific characteristics.
- Creating email copy based on specific topics, trends, or ideas saves time.
- Creating engaging subject lines to increase open and click-through rates
3. Beyond Standard Personalization Strategies
While personalization has been a trending topic in B2B marketing for some time, there is a push to take it one step further. For increased engagement, it is crucial to go beyond basic personalization tactics such as a contact’s first name or company name.
4. Invest in Mobile Optimization
While some B2B startups may prioritize desktop email design, it is essential to prioritize responsiveness across all device types. Most email marketing platforms have a responsiveness setting; therefore, familiarize yourself with the platform to ensure that responsiveness is enabled.
By following some of the best practices outlined above, startups can ensure that their email marketing practices are up to par and that their audience is engaged.