Arlo Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ARLO), a leading smart home security brand, today announced its most innovative and advanced offering to date, the all-new Pro 5S 2K Security Camera. The latest addition to the award-winning Pro series, Pro 5S boasts tri-band connectivity – operating off dual-band Wi-Fi and Arlo SecureLink technology. Pro 5S is backed by the redesigned Arlo Secure App which features an all-new, highly intuitive interface that streamlines access to critical tools like Emergency Response1. The Arlo Pro 5S 2K Security Camera is available for pre-order through Arlo.com and Best Buy for $249.99 MSRP, with additional national retailers coming soon.
When connected to Arlo’s proprietary SecureLink technology, the Arlo Pro 5S 2K provides significant user benefits over existing security devices. Since Pro 5S operates on the lowest power band when in sleep mode, users will appreciate significant battery life improvements. Additionally, tri-band connectivity provides longer Wi-Fi range, and mitigates RF interference and active jamming attempts while maximizing picture quality. Pro 5S seamlessly pairs with other SecureLink devices for continuous security and connectivity, even during power and internet outages.
“Pro 5S is hands down the most secure and reliable camera Arlo has engineered to date,” said Tim Johnston, SVP of Product at Arlo. “Integrating three wireless technologies into one extremely compact form factor ensures users are better equipped to protect their everything. Supporting the overall Pro 5S experience, the redesigned, intuitive Arlo Secure App ensures frictionless access to the most comprehensive monitoring tools available.”
The Arlo Secure App enables users to take their security to the next level. Enhancements start with the updated Emergency Response center which brings an unprecedented level of control to users’ fingertips during a crisis. In addition to allowing users to request emergency personnel, Emergency Response provides real-time status updates via SMS or phone call while emergency personnel are in transit. Time-saving Automations can be programmed to trigger events such as geofencing, mode changes, schedules, alarms and more.
Powerful advancements in the all-new Arlo Pro 5S 2K Security Camera include:
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi Support: Automatically connect to the strongest network available between 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi for the strongest possible connection
- SecureLink Connection: Pair with Arlo Home Security System through Arlo SecureLink for continuous connectivity during internet and power outages3, stronger encryption and longer range and battery life
- Increased Battery Life: Up to 30% longer battery life than the Pro 4. Users gain access to an all-new low power mode to charge their camera less often and can connect the camera to Arlo SecureLink-enabled devices to further conserve battery life.
- 2K Video with HDR: High-performance lenses ensure crystal-clear detail in every picture
- 160-Degree Viewing Angle: Keep an eye on what matters most with a wider field of view
- Integrated Spotlight: Light up the night and ward off unwelcome guests
- Built-In Smart Siren: Trigger the siren remotely or automatically during an event
- Color Night Vision: See videos in color rather than traditional black and white
- Two-Way Audio: Listen and speak to visitors with crystal clear, full duplex audio that reduces wind and noise
- Wire-Free and Weather-Resistant: Easily install indoors or outdoors
- Magnetic Connections: Easily add on accessories such as a solar panel charger, waterproof outdoor charging cable, and XL capacity battery/housing
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Amazon Alexa4, Google Assistant, and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation, and control