Marketing project management tools enable marketers to handle deadline-driven teams efficiently. The right tool offers robust functionalities on a unified platform and helps in task management, campaign planning, and time tracking.
What is Marketing Project Management?
Marketing project management helps keep the marketing campaigns on track and ensures informed stakeholder communication throughout the project lifecycle.
This helps marketers keep their projects within scope, meet customer needs, and provide clarity among the teams.
Here are the top 10 marketing project management tools.
Wrike has custom dashboards and workflows to facilitate team-specific automation. Moreover, the tool has enterprise-grade security. It provides templates to get the most out of marketing project management.
Wrike offers real-time commenting, live editing, and dynamic reports features. With this, companies can obtain performance insights, clarity for all projects, and automate approval.
- Integrates with Google, Box, and JIRA
- It helps monitor social channels and track progress
- Users can tailor this platform to their requirements
- Gantt charts for path analysis and baselining
- It might seem complex for beginners
- Unclear pricing plans
- Lacks offline project management capabilities
Podio helps track marketing projects and timelines without multiple tools and functionalities. Its easy-to-use interface offers visual reports that help track team efficiency.
The tool also offers an insightful overview of how projects progress from beginning to end. Its interactive sales dashboard help track sales in real-time and share files with client and team members. Podio efficiently integrates with third-party applications.
- “Podio CRM” improves lead management
- Better customer support and engagement
- Helps collaborate with team members via one-on-one and group chats
- Intricate user interface
- Complicated dashboard customization
ProofHub is a highly functional project management and team collaboration software. It allows marketers to create innovative, multi-channel marketing campaigns and define clear marketing goals.
The tool offers task management, time tracking, online proofing, and file management features. This way, marketers can efficiently organize and collaborate on all their tasks. ProofHub efficiently automates recurring daily, weekly, or monthly tasks.
- Helps divide tasks into custom workflow stages and visualize their status on Kanban boards
- Users can plan projects and set task dependencies with Gantt charts
- Smart task management can help assign, prioritize, and track status
- Managing notifications can be hard
- No Google single sign-on
4. Monday Marketer
Monday Marketer by monday.com offers a custom solution for marketing. It gives marketers a shared workspace for work centralization for easy information access. It is a flexible solution that allows the teams to work dynamically.
Monday Marketing offers customized tables for campaign tracking and a social media calendar. It actively customizes workflow, making it ideal for managing vast work volumes.
- Seamlessly integrates with more than 40 third-party applications
- Manages complex projects
- Has time tracking capabilities
- Allows for attachment of files and photos to project tasks
- Its mobile application helps manage campaigns easily
- Its automation feature sends notifications.
- It has a deep learning curve
- Limited reporting capabilities
- Expensive plans
ClickUp helps manage tasks, campaigns, docs, and clients and assists in promotion planning, measuring ROI, process outlining, and scheduling reminders. It has content calendars, A/B testing, Campaign tracking, and SEO management templates.
ClickUp lets marketers link tasks and lists to a central source of truth and helps them plan, manage, and track quarterly goals. At the same time, companies can store discounts and duration details during promotion forecasting.
- Advanced automation helps manage tasks
- Increases task visibility with Kanban boards
- It helps store all the information in an easy-to-access calendar
- Users can view the campaign results by building custom widgets.
- UI can be confusing for beginners
- Too many features that overwhelm simple tasks
- It does not offer agile reporting in its free plan
Trello is a project management tool ideal for marketing project management. It’s simple and intuitive Kanban-based interface makes it ideal for users of different technical expertise.
It allows companies to tailor the software to their marketing project management needs. Built-in automation minimizes recurring and time-intensive tasks.
- Can create, assign, and track tasks easily
- Sorts campaigns with unique and customizable labels
- Views key metrics on a simple and intuitive dashboard
- It does not show task dependencies
- No offline access
- Not the right tool for agile projects
- Heavily relies on Kanban boards
Hive is a project management and team collaboration tool that lets companies organize projects in various layouts. This way, they can plan campaigns with the help of Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and calendars.
With Hive, companies can create a reusable action template that helps assign the right tasks to the right people. Its collaboration features allow teams to share campaign assets for proofing and approval, speeding up the review process.
- Helps visualize work with Gantt, Kanban, and Calendar views
- Users can view and track baselines to stay on track with the project lifecycle
- Offers accurate time sheets to track employee productivity
- It provides fully customizable actionable insights as per the requirements.
- It does not allow users to set task dependencies
- The mobile application quality is minimal
Basecamp offers simplified project management, ideal for businesses that require a collaborative management application. It allows marketers to stay connected and work efficiently.
It offers granular user access controls and a centralized platform for multiple marketing project management. Moreover, the tool provides document management tools to upload, share, edit, and set the user permissions of files.
- It has many filters and search capabilities
- Offers better team member communication for better efficiency
- Understandable project workflows to track project schedules anytime
- No time tracking ability to track team member engagement
- Has scalability issues
- Limited customization abilities
- Lacks Gantt charts
Brightpod is a web-based marketing project management tool that helps businesses manage marketing tasks. Its features offer transparency on projects, campaigns, workflows, and tasks.
Brightpod has a simple and intuitive interface. Its functionalities help organize, manage, and track the SEO, social media, blog strategy, and content at one location. The shared calendar tracks the content publish dates and events.
- Users can manage projects via mobile
- Faster cross-project prioritization
- Simple to onboard and set projects
- Lacks reporting capabilities
- Lacks enhanced project scrolling
- Less collaborative features
Asana is a marketing project management tool that is intuitive and easy and offers an overview of tasks and timelines. Its simple interface and powerful features make it ideal for marketers looking to optimize project management.
The tool lets users invite other users to their digital workspace. With customizable workflows, firms can create custom workflows and templates as per their marketing campaigns and projects.
- Excellent user interface
- The program displays personal tasks to other team members, allowing them to comment on it.
- Asana seamlessly integrates with Slack, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Google Drive.
- No time tracking features
- High learning curve
- Only one user can be assigned to a task at any given time, a significant disadvantage for a team collaboration tool.
- It has too many features that make simple tasks overwhelming.
- Lacks advanced resource management tools.
- It has restricted reporting and analytics features.
What Aspects Must Companies Consider Before Choosing the Right Marketing Project Platform?
The tool must-
Offer Project Insights
This feature will allow companies to exercise control over the project. Project insights can help plan and communicate better project understanding. Open communication within the team helps determine and address errors sooner.
Have Better Workflow
Having a better workflow can help make well-defined plans during project management. This means the team members are aware of their tasks and execution. It allows teams to perform tasks more efficiently and quickly, contributing to overall project success.
Have Centralized Dashboard
The tool must offer a centralized dashboard to help manage all the marketing projects at one location. Marketers can create, assign, track, and update tasks easily. They can also check the progress, status, and performance of each team member and project.
At the same time, a dashboard helps firms stay on top of their deadlines and deliverables. It also reduces miscommunication and duplication risks among the stakeholders and team.
Offer Robust Reporting and Analytics
The tool must allow companies to generate and access reports and analytics for marketing projects. It must help them evaluate the quality, performance, and impact of marketing activities. Reporting and analytics features help identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions.