Mobile usage is at an all-time high. Smart companies can harness several innovative mobile tools to engage customers with dynamic advertising formats.
To withstand the shifts in digital advertising space, marketers must look to the best ways of using mobile marketing.
By understanding the areas where mobiles can help with marketing, they can plan and strategize advertising concepts and optimize for mobile. This will help them to improve engagement with audiences and drive revenue.
In this article, we’ll look at some key mobile advertising trends to reshape advertising activities at scale.
What is Mobile Advertising?
Google defines mobile advertising as,
“Mobile advertising helps ads appear on apps and websites viewed on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. There are several types of mobile ads, like call-only ads, app promotion ads, landing page ads, and more. Such ads are created only for mobile views, as they are optimized using mobile screens. The ads usually appear on mobile search results, mobile-optimized websites, and other mobile apps.”
The rising importance of Mobile Advertising
Mobile advertising is effective at all levels of the marketing funnel, from awareness to conversion. And there are many campaign measurements to prove the effectiveness.
Statista’s report on Mobile Advertising And Marketing Worldwide – Statistics & Facts finds that mobile advertising spending reached 327 billion U.S. dollars globally in 2022. By 2024, it will reach nearly 400 billion. By 2030, the growth could be fivefold.
With the penetration level that mobiles see today, these data are not to be doubted!
However, advertisers must focus increasingly on finding the most cost-effective advertising tools.
Here are some trends to help advertisers make the most of mobile advertising.
They will also guide future strategy-building and alignment of marketing technologies with advertising on mobile.
1. Integration of AR & VR Tech with mobile advertising platform
Statista’s AR Advertising – Worldwide report finds that the AR Advertising market globally will generate a revenue of US$4.4bn by 2023.
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (VR) will boost mobile advertising activities. Incorporating AR in advertising and VR into video creation will increase viewers’ demand for more videos of similar formats.
Virtual reality tech will allow interactive approaches in ads, enhancing advertising experiences. In this format, viewers will watch such ads and engage with the quality of graphics and content used to present products and services.
For instance, product videos that provide instructions and feature detailing benefit customers’ decision-making process. Consumers will experience interacting with virtual products and get immersive experiences. This will help brands to boost their image and reputation among potential customers.
2. Voice Search Optimization
Voice Search Optimization will have an increasingly significant role in mobile ad strategies over the next few years. It will use customized content according to voice search queries using natural language processing (NLP). AI and ML will be mainstream for NLP units, along with keywords, to deliver accurate answers to searches.
According to Synup’s report Top 5 Voice Search Statistics for 2023
- There are 4.2 billion active voice assistant devices in circulation as of 2023.
- Daily, nearly one billion voice searches occur using mobiles and other voice search devices.
- Voice search boosted nearly $2 billion in sales in 2023. Making voice search optimization part of mobile advertising strategy will help brands sell more products and services and increase revenue.
- 27% of people use voice search on mobiles as of 2023.
According to Synup’s other report, Top 5 Voice Search Statistics Prediction for 2024 & 2025
- About 80% of voice searches are predicted to be conversational by 2024
- The use of specific keyword usages like “best,” “easy,” “free,” and “top) in voice, searches might increase by 20%.
Apart from this, Oberlo’s report 10 Voice Search Statistics also finds that 71% of consumers now choose voice technology over typing when searching online.
To scale mobile ads, marketers should also optimize content for featured snippets, which will also be recognizable through voice assistants.
3. AI Tools for Personalization Techniques
Mobile advertising trends will primarily use AI in building ad campaigns and marketing activities. It will help to create increasingly personalized content for ad displays.
The customer data marketers need for personalization is where AI tools will be useful.
AI tools like ChatGPT can also help generate ad content faster and more accurately. Also, creating personalized ad messages and targeted campaigns will be easier than before.
So, AI will have a huge role in the next generation of advertising activities using module devices.
4. Location-based Advertising with 5G Technology
Location-based advertising will allow businesses to target potential customers based on their location.
Using 5G technology, digital marketing teams can use precise geolocation data to deliver highly personalized and relevant mobile ads. This will utilize all sorts of applications- social media included.
AR technology will be able to deliver a 5G programmatically-served mobile audio ad experience. This will be possible due to the power of 5G, and the result will be more seamless and immersive ad experiences.
Yet another manner in which 5G technology will revolutionize digital advertising is by bringing more outreach and advertising opportunities into the metaverse.
According to WebX’s report, The Ultimate List of Impressive Digital Advertising Statistics in 2023, it is projected that 66% of global marketing expenditure will be utilized by digital advertising, where the metaverse is expected to play a key role.
Also Read: B2B Mobile Marketing: Top Trends to Watch
Best Ways to Do Mobile Advertising
Here are key ways to make mobile advertising successful with the help of emerging mobile advertising trends.
- Creating videos with interactive content will be a boon for advertisers to gain more views of their ads across users’ mobiles. Video content is an effective way to convey messages. So, keeping them short, captivating, and visually appealing is crucial.
- Native advertising format seamlessly blends with mobile ad content. It overcomes ad fatigue and improves user engagement.
- Advertisers should also utilize influencer marketing as it is gaining popularity among social media channels. It engages videos, and if appropriately targeted, it can attract millions of views in a very limited time.
- Building mobile-friendly landing pages is crucial for perfect mobile advertising. They should be optimized for fast loading, easy navigation, and responsiveness.
As mobile advertising trends become more adaptable, the future holds immense potential for companies to engage their target audience innovatively.
Mobile advertising is evolving rapidly, and companies that stay ahead of the curve will reap the rewards of new ad trends.