With digitalization, many AI marketing platforms have emerged, some reshaping email strategies. Companies should look for suitable AI-based platforms to deliver successful marketing emails.
AI-based email marketing platforms use data-driven insights to identify prospects and personalize the emails. This way, marketers can increase efficiency and fine-tune their marketing campaigns.
According to a study in B2B content marketing – Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends, 69% of B2B marketers use email marketing with AI to generate and distribute accurate content that resonates with audiences.
It also indicates that emails are still an important marketing channel for businesses. They still use them to connect with their audience, build relationships, and drive conversions. What they need now are modern tools to make them more effective. AI tools fulfill that need- as they deliver scale, agility, and accuracy with the personalization of these emails.
AI, when used for email marketing, uses the power of predictive analytics to customize email content. Its language algorithms analyze user behavior identify specific requirements, and target mail to those pain points. This will add value to the mail and increase its chances of converting leads to a customer.
However, for AI platforms to deliver value, companies need to invest in the best-fit tools for their particular marketing requirements.
For this, marketing leaders should analyze the strategy requirements, align with existing email resources, and use AI to increase email marketing effectiveness.
How AI Drives Better Results in Email Marketing
Here are the benefits of using AI for email marketing campaigns:
- Drives personalization: By using AI tools for emails, marketers can produce relevant and personalized content to boost engagement. Such content leads to higher open and click-through rates.
- Predictive analytics for user behavior: Marketers can use AI to predict user behavior by analyzing customer data for sending emails. They can get insights about their likeliness of becoming a subscriber, clicking a call to action, unsubscribing emails, and email bounce rates.
These insights help marketers build precise emails according to customers’ preferences and send them at the right time.
- Automation: Automated email scheduling, customer data list management, and even aggregating data for email campaigns are possible due to automated AI tools. This ensures a round-the-clock window for email engagement and a constant assessment of responses to these emails.
- Data Advantage: with AI-based email marketing platforms, marketers can access the entire mail lifecycle. This allows them to collate even more data about prospects. This data can then give insights for subsequent campaigns- enabling them to be more accurate and customized.
- Going anti-spam: as all marketers know, a large portion of emails go straight to the spam folder of the recipients. AI tools can identify loopholes that help to improve email deliverability and avoid anti-spam filters. This way, the percentage of emails hitting the inbox becomes higher.
While AI tools deliver several important advantages, companies need to choose the right AI-based email marketing platforms.
Steps for Choosing the Right AI-based Email Marketing Platform
Here’s a guide to assist businesses in making informed decisions when choosing AI-based email marketing platforms.
1. Define Goals
Before exploring different AI-based platforms, it is imperative to outline the email marketing objective.
Whether the goals are to personalize emails or campaigns, automate emails, or increase open rates—it is essential to identify the right functionalities. Clear goals will guide leaders through making the right choice of platform.
2. Planning of Budget
After identifying the objective, CMOs should choose a suitable platform that fits the budget.
Determining budgetary constraints is also necessary at this point. While some platforms offer advanced features, they might come at premium prices. So, balancing pricing and features required will ensure the best way to set a budget.
3. Ease of Use
Platforms with interfaces that are easy to navigate work best for teams. That means a user-friendly platform will make it easy to set up campaigns or other email tasks. The CMO will find it easier to train teams to use it well. Also, there will be less complex commands, so the marketing teams will find it easier to operate long-term.
4. Good Integration Capabilities
Leaders buying AI-driven email marketing platforms should check if they can be easily integrated with existing tools and systems. It includes CRM, analytical tools, networks, and servers. This will enhance data flow and the efficiency of sending emails faster.
5. Reporting and Analytics
The platform should offer adequate and faster reporting and analytics for all emails sent & received at regular intervals.
Accurate analytics will help marketers understand how emails perform, how many were opened by the targets, and the time they stayed on to read. This will help determine sending and delivery frequency, performance of campaigns, and other measurements.
So, marketers can identify any challenges or loopholes in the process and plan for the next round of emails accordingly.
6. Security and Compliance
While automation is rising, companies should ensure they securely use tools. Also, they need to make sure the platforms for automation are regulations and security complaints.
AI platforms for marketing need to adhere to data protection regulations and offer robust security features.
This will keep the overall email marketing process and email subscribers safe. Most importantly, secured platforms prevent emails from becoming malicious and harming potential customers.
7. Opt for platforms offering Trial Periods
Leaders should opt for platforms that provide trial periods of using the free versions along with demo versions.
This will give time for the teams to understand their features, how to use them, test features and integration, and check for suitability. This way, they can make the right decisions before investing in a platform.
Choosing a platform that scales with the expansion of marketing strategy initiatives is important. Platforms should be scalable to accommodate larger campaigns and have advanced features to make the larger number of emails more impactful.
By selecting the right AI-based email marketing platform, companies can optimize email campaigns effectively, improve user engagement, and achieve desired results.
However, it’s a strategic investment. So, it should be done cautiously to gain significant returns in the advancing email marketing landscape.